Header Ads

YOSHINOYA AND HANAMARU UDON LAUNCH FIRST RESTAURANT IN MALAYSIA


Kuala Lumpur, 11th May 2015 – Malaysia welcomed the arrival of Japan’s renowned Yoshinoya and Hanamaru Udon at Mid Valley Megamall today.

The grand launch was officiated by Mr. Yasutaka Kawamura, President and CEO of Yoshinoya Holdings Co. Ltd, Mr. Tetsuya Naruse, CEO of Hanamaru Inc. and Tan Sri Dato’ Seri (Dr) Fumihiko Konishi, Executive Chairman of Texchem Resources Berhad. In true Malaysian fashion, the event was celebrated with a ribbon cutting ceremony followed by the traditional Lion Dance that symbolises prosperity and luck for new businesses followed by the sampling of the menu.

The flagship store is located at the 3rd floor of Mid Valley Megamall. At 300 square meters, the self-service restaurant offers Yoshinoya on one side and Hanamaru Udon on the other, with Azuki Café in the middle, to quench thirst with drinks inspired by Japanese taste.

A must-try from Yoshinoya is definitely its signature Gyudon (Beef Rice Bowl in Japanese). Australian beef prepared with secret recipe broth, seasoned with savoury herbs and spices together with sweet large onions, served on a bed of fluffy Japanese rice, the Gyudon promises sheer satisfaction with every bite.

Udon-lovers will enjoy delicious, fresh udon from Hanamaru Udon. Handmade with only the finest ingredients, each serving of cooked noodles is kept no longer than 30 minutes, to ensure customers experience only the tastiest of noodles. One much-loved dish to look out for is the cold variant of Ontama Bukkake Udon, featuring udon in special soy sauce topped with boiled egg.

Globally, the brands have over 18 different ventures out of Japan, with more than 630 restaurants worldwide. The holding company, Yoshinoya Hanamaru Malaysia Sdn Bhd, has laid plans to expand its chain of restaurants throughout Malaysia, giving Malaysians nationwide the opportunity to savour the goodness Yoshinoya and Hanamaru Udon have to offer.

Getting to Know Yoshinoya

Founded in 1899, Yoshinoya is a famous Japanese beef bowl (Gyudon) specialist with a well-established history of over a century. Its first store opened in Nihonbashi Fish Market in Japan. The market moved to Tsukiji due to an earthquake and Yoshinoya followed.

After over a hundred years' continuous development, Yoshinoya now has over 1,800 branches around the globe, spanning from Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore to California, U.S. and now, Malaysia, and continues to provide Japanese-style quality food and services to customers around the world.

Getting to Know Hanamaru

Hanamaru Inc., was founded in November 2001 in Takamatsu, the capital city of Kagawa Prefecture, home to Japan’s famous Sanuki Udon. The company has built and managed a sophisticated franchise system, encompassing store design, location selection, franchisee and staff training, logistics, ingredient production and marketing.

Over the years, Hanamaru has gained attention in Japan, among the business community and public, especially with the rise in demand for healthy food at affordable price in recent years. Hanamaru continues to strive to achieve excellent customer satisfaction, by providing top notch service marked by warm hospitality, superior product quality, cleanliness and speed.

In June 2006, Hanamaru became a consolidated subsidiary company of Yoshinoya Holdings Co. Ltd. Part of a strong family, Hanamaru continues to grow and achieve excellence in sales and service.

About Yoshinoya Hanamaru Malaysia

Yoshinoya Hanamaru Malaysia Sdn Bhd is a joint venture company, responsible for the operations of Yoshinoya and Hanamaru Udon in Malaysia. 60% of the stake is held by Asia Yoshinoya International Sdn Bhd, a subsidiary of Yoshinoya Holdings Co. Ltd, responsible for the company’s expansion in ASEAN. The remaining 40% is held by Texchem Resources Berhad, which provides planning and business management for restaurants in Malaysia. This is the 18th overseas venture for Yoshinoya Holdings Co. Ltd. The company plans to expand both brands in Malaysia, with 10 outlets by the end of this year.
Theme images by Jason Morrow. Powered by Blogger.